12 January, 2015

Buying a build to order laptop, from Belgium

Belgium's been a bit lagging behind of the latest trends in technology, since ever. On top of that the cost of electronics, especially computers, has been higher than in neighbor countries. It's improved but it's still noticeable.

Given my pickyness I wanted to go for a Build To Order laptop ( BTO ) There's a dutch company claiming BTO as a tradename, they lure many people but they're offering Clevo machines like most other vendor's. So it's just a brand.

Qualification for a new machine are defined by 'as possible'
  • slim
  • powerful
  • quiet
  • energy efficiĆ«nt
  • in budget

If i had the money and time I'd design my own

Besides Apple and to some extent Samsung it seems most of "the industry" is just that, manufacturing, not inventing or improving *sigh*

Places I've visited thus far :

  • http://www.xnotebooks.nl
  • http://www.bto.eu
  • http://www.laptopplus.nl
  • http://mysn.eu/
  • http://www.novatech.co.uk
  • http://www.bytesatwork.be 
  • http://www.originpc.com 
  • http://www.hexacorelaptop.com
  • http://www.mitracom.eu
  • http://www.compal-europe.com/
Shops outside of the EU but inspiring

  • http://www.toshiba.com/us/custom-laptops
  • http://www.maingear.com 
  • http://www.xoticpc.com
  • https://system76.com

Related but no hardware dedicated websites
  • http://trustpilot.com
  • http://www.electronicaonline.be/




No comments: